Quesadillas ~ serves 10
For the filling:
- 1 – 16 oz can black eyed peas, drained
- 1 – 16 oz can corn, drained
- 1 – 16 oz can black beans, drained
- 2 – 14 1/2 oz cans plain diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bottle zesty Italian dressing
- 3 pre-cooked chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
Combine all ingredients for the filling. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on large burrito tortilla shells (10) leaving a 1″ boarder, liberally spoon filling on half of each shell and fold the other half over.
You can cook them right away, refrigerate 4-5 hours, or freeze for a couple months. If you freeze them, it works well to place two quesadillas in a large zip-lock freezer bag. Thaw before cooking.
To cook, coat a skillet with cooking spray and brown the quesadillas on each side. You can keep them warm in a 300 degree oven.